Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
LUTON, England -- Only six England players in Brazil will have previous World Cup ex
#1
LUTON, England -- Only six England players in Brazil will have previous World Cup experience after Roy Hodgson turned to younger players who have impressed him with their spirited Premier League performances. Fake Nike Shoes From China . The oldest squad member is midfielder Frank Lampard, who turns 36 next month, while the youngest is 18-year-old defender Luke Shaw, who only made his international debut in March. Eleven members of the 23-man squad have made 10 appearances or fewer for England, which opens its campaign in Brazil against Italy on June 14. "Circumstances will prove whether the decision to take the younger player was right or not," Hodgson said at the squad announcement at a car factory in Luton, north of London. "You get experience by getting the opportunity. Its wrong to focus totally on the fact there are those who are inexperienced because everyone is inexperienced until they get the chance to do the job. I think theyve played so well and been so effective in their club teams that theyve really imposed their ability on my thinking." Shaw, who is being pursued by Manchester United in the summer transfer window, displaced 33-year-old Ashley Cole from the squad to be understudy at left back to Leighton Baines. But, with Cole announcing his international retirement after being dropped, the decision could backfire if Baines is injured in the first warm-up match. "If Baines suffered an injury ... it would make the selection of Shaw a very bad selection," Hodgson said. In a squad captained by 33-year-old Steven Gerrard, fellow midfielder Lampard made the cut whereas Michael Carrick, who went to the 2006 and 2010 World Cups, is only on the standby list following a lacklustre season with Manchester United. "Frank is a very important part of our setup and you shouldnt think about players in terms of age, but of position," Hodgson said. "When youre in midfield you have many more positions to choose from. "Frank has been captain on many occasions and has been vice captain to Steven Gerrard. He still plays an important role for his club (Chelsea) and we think his leadership qualities and his abilities will help us in the summer." In the search for dynamism, Hodgson is taking 19-year-old Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling and Ross Barkley, a 20-year-old Everton midfielder, despite having only five appearances between them. "Hes a very, very exciting player, a very exciting talent and if he can continue at that level he has a very exciting future ahead of him," Hodgson said of Barkley. "But I would hope people will temper their expectations of him." Hodgson has selected four strikers: Manchester United duo Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge of Liverpool and Rickie Lambert, who has climbed with Southampton from the third tier to the Premier League. "Ive been suffering with my sleep and getting up in the middle of the night because Im just lying there thinking about the possibility of going to the World Cup," said Lambert, who has scored two goals in his four England appearances. "Over the last week, Ive been sleeping less and less and last night it was virtually impossible because my head was everywhere." Lambert has pushed Jermain Defoe, who moved to Toronto FC earlier this year, and West Hams Andy Carroll to the standby list. "Im sure if Id picked a squad after the final qualifier in October it would have looked quite different, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then," Hodgson said. "You cant ignore what people are doing on a week-to-week basis and your decision is based on who is the best man for the job." ------ Squad: Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Fraser Forster (Celtic), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion) Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United) Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United) Cheap Nike Shoes From China . Dr. James Andrews is to operate next week on the 24-year-old pitcher, who made the AL All-Star team last year. Moore will be the first Rays pitcher to undergo Tommy John surgery since Jason Isringhausen in June 2009. Nike Shoes From China . -- At the beginning of training camp, Andrew Bogut set a goal to play all 82 regular-season games and regain his place among the NBAs best centres. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/ . Bibeau, Torontos sixth-round pick at No. 172 overall in last years draft, was named the outstanding goaltender of the 2014 MasterCard Memorial Cup.TORONTO - The Canadian Soccer Association has dismissed allegations that it has targeted players involved in a legal challenge to the use of artificial turf at next summers Womens World Cup.The Canadian Soccer Association categorically denies that it engaged in any retaliation against players who filed complaints under the Human Rights Code against the Canadian Soccer Association and FIFA regarding the use of turf at the FIFA Womens World Cup Canada 2015, the association said in a statement Tuesday.No such threats were made and any suggestion that Canadian Soccer Association officials engaged in any wrongdoing is completely baseless.Lawyers for a group of elite female players involved in the human rights challenge allege that the women are being pressured to drop their lawsuit.In a letter Monday to the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the lawyers said the Canadian Soccer Association (CSA) and FIFA — aided by national federations — have threatened reprisals against a coalition of the world’s best female soccer players for bringing this sex discrimination action.The women asked the tribunal for a cease-and-desist order.The players allege that Mexican international Teresa Noyola and French internationals Camille Abily and Elise Bussaglia had been threatened with reprisals.Noyola, according to the filing, was told she would not be invited to play for the Mexican national team unless she withdrew her name from the legal challenge. Abily and Bussaglia were led to believe that their continued participation in this action would lead to retaliation by FIFA in the awarding of the 2019 women’s World Cup. Nike Shoes China. France is seeking to host the 2019 World Cup.All three have since pulled out of the complaint, although lawyers for the group saying 20 players have stepped forward to replace them. The total number now numbers 62.The players also allege that Costa Rican internationals Diana Saenz and Katherine Alvarado, along with a third unidentified player, were told by Costa Rican Federation officials that their participation put their positions on the team in jeopardy as a result of pressure from CSA and FIFA.The women have filed a human rights complaint that FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association are discriminating against women by making them play on artificial turf while the mens World Cup is held on natural grass.The women includes Germanys Nadine Angerer, Japans Yuki Ogimi and Americans Shannon Boxx, Sydney Leroux, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambaugh. There are no Canadian players named to avoid conflicts with the CSA, which doubles as the tournaments national organizing committee.FIFA and the CSA have no plans to change the playing surface, saying playing on approved turf is sanctioned under the rules of the game. The CSA has engaged an independent consultant to test the surfaces at venues in Moncton, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver. The results are expected in early 2015.The tournament runs June 6 to July 5.___Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter ' ' '
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)