Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Introduce Yourself!
Welcome to the Racquetball World Forums!

Please take a quick moment to introduce yourself to other members here.

Examples include your skill level, how long you've been playing, where you're from, and anything else.

CONTEST UPDATE:

Want to win free stickers? Post an introduction about yourself and get started by joining some of our discussion threads, and start some threads of your own. We'll contact you later for a shipping address. Contest is for a limited time.
I am an A player and have been playing for 40 years. I took 10 years off due to a back injury in my 30s. I will play this game until I am no longer able.
Kevin Harm, Columbus, Nebraska, been playing since 1977, not getting any better but love the game!
(04-04-2016, 02:05 PM)Racquetball World Wrote: Welcome to the Racquetball World Forums!

Please take a quick moment to introduce yourself to other members here.

Examples include your skill level, how long you've been playing, where you're from, and anything else.

Great to have a Racquetball forum!  I love the game and I've been playing in the Chicago suburbs since about 1992.  I slack off in the summer time to spend the time sailing which I started in 2011.
Hey, I'm Michael Rieser. I grew up playing racquetball in Ohio in the late 80's. I haven't really played since probably 94-12 but then started playing again recreationally. In 2015 I started playing in tournaments again in. I normally play at the LA Fitness locations in Little Rock, AR. I wish there were more sanctioned events in this area  Sad .

Michael

C/B
Mark Hall here in Missouri. Primarily I play in Lees Summit and occasionally Overland Park
Name is Pete. Play in Akron Ohio at the University Park YMCA
We have a league with 2 levels -- w/ about 20 players.

Every Friday we have King of the Court doubles play..come join us at 6AM
Or get a group together and we can set up some matches.
My name is Dale and I live in northern California. I have been playing racquetball since I was 12yrs old, for 37yrs. Back when there was Racquetball clubs, not health and fitness clubs. I like this RacquetballWorld.com. Anything that promotes the sport of racquetball, I am all for it!
(04-20-2016, 11:59 AM)Dale Millhollin Wrote: My name is Dale and I live in northern California. I have been playing racquetball since I was 12yrs old, for 37yrs. Back when there was Racquetball clubs, not health and fitness clubs. I like this RacquetballWorld.com. Anything that promotes the sport of racquetball, I am all for it!

Welcome, Dale! Yes, racquetball certainly was far more popular back in the 70s and 80s. I've always wondered what caused the decline. I've read about various causes. Part of our goal here is to preserve, promote, and help revive the sport.

Welcome to the racquetball forums!

- Admin
I've been playing for about 7 years, and I'm 67 years old. I absolutely love the game. I play a couple of times a week, usually with guys half my age, and occasionally can beat the better players.

I am in Denton, TX, and play mostly at University of North Texas. Funky courts, but they're free, and I can meet up pretty easily with other players when my regular partners aren't available. Occasionally I go over to LA Fitness and pay $15 for a day pass, when the university is closed. I also play once in a while at TWU, another university in Denton.

I don't know how to rate my level, but if I had to guess based on the really good players I've seen, I'd say I'm between beginner and intermediate. I thought I was intermediate until I played a guy who was competing at that level and he stomped me soundly. 

Anyway, glad to find these forums!