Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INDIANAPOLIS -- If not for Paul George, the Philadelphia 76ers might have left India
INDIANAPOLIS -- If not for Paul George, the Philadelphia 76ers might have left Indiana with their first win of the season.On Wednesday night, two familiar storylines played out in the games final minutes: the Pacers once again relied on their All-Star forward to pull out a close win at home; and the Sixers lost yet another close game.George, who finished with 28 points and eight rebounds, scored seven of the Pacers 13 points in overtime to defeat the Sixers 122-115.Theyre a young group. Theyre still going to come out and be competitive. Thats what we overlooked, George said.The Sixers were resilient all game, and multiple times during the final 3 minutes they looked as if they were going to put the game away. The 76ers led by as many as six points with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game before Jeff Teague hit a floater in the lane to give Indiana a one-point lead. With 6 seconds remaining in regulation, Gerald Henderson hit a 3-pointer to give Philadelphia a 2-point lead. But on the ensuing Pacers possession, George hit a baseline jumper with 3 seconds left to tie it at 109.On the Pacers first possession of overtime, George set the tone with a 3-pointer to give Indiana the lead. And it was George who threw down an emphatic dunk that gave Indiana a six-point lead, ultimately sealing the win for the Pacers.Coach drew up a play for the 3-pointer to open up overtime, George said. Those moments, I have experience.Those plays suck the life out of you, and I knew at that moment we needed to play (with urgency).Teague finished with a season-high 30 points and added nine assists. Teague and George combined to score Indianas final 15 points of the fourth quarter. Myles Turner finished with 15 points and nine rebounds for Indiana.The final score wont show how much Philadelphia controlled Wednesday nights game at times. The Pacers could not pull away from the Sixers throughout much of the game, and even squandered the small lead they held at one point, having to climb back from a double-digit deficit. Indiana led 37-34 halfway through the second quarter when the 76ers opened up a 13-0 run to take a 10-point lead. Indiana answered with a 10-2 run to pull within single digits, but the 76ers went into halftime leading 60-54.Philadelphia even had an opportunity to win the game in the fourth quarter. With about 3 seconds left in regulation, Jahlil Okafor attempted a fade-away jumper from the baseline that bounced off the back of the rim as time expired.Robert Covington led the Sixers with 23 points. Henderson finished with 17 points and five rebounds while Dario Saric had 14 points and 12 rebounds.We had a lot of balance in our scoring, but we gave up a few too many points, Henderson said. A couple of times we messed up on game plan-type stuff and had some silly turnovers. We deserved to win the game, we just came up a little short, and we move on.Saric was searching for an answer.I dont know what to say, he said. We fall a point short. We have to continue to work hard in practice, everyone give 100 percent and a win will come one day. We hope it comes in the next game at home, in front of our fans, they deserve it.TIP-INSPhiladelphia: Joel Embiid did not travel with the team to Indiana, remaining in Philadelphia for rest.Indiana: The Pacers have won 10 of the last 11 regular-season meetings with the 76ers dating to 2013-14. ... Indiana has won six straight games over Philadelphia at home. The 76ers last win at Indiana came in April 2013.ROBERTS REVIVALCovington scored a combined total of 32 points through the first six games of the season before his 23-point outing on Wednesday night.HOME SWEET HOMEIndiana is 4-0 at home this season. And when theyre defending their home court, theyre doing so with impressive offensive outings. Before Wednesday nights win over Philadelphia, the Pacers were averaging 118.7 points at home.UP NEXT:76ers: Host Indiana on Friday to complete the home and home.Pacers: Travel to Philadelphia on Friday. Yeezy 350 V2 GID Glow Pas Cher . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Yeezy 350 V2 Antlia Pas Cher .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.pascheryeezy350v2.fr/fausse-y...-tint.html . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Yeezy Boost 350 a Vendre . It was just business as usual for the Thunder at home. Durant scored 32 points and the Thunder beat the Bulls 107-95 on Thursday night for their eighth straight win. Yeezy 350 v2 Lundmark Pas Cher . Down by seven with 90 seconds left in regulation, thats where they looked comfortable. Full disclosure: I just dont get all the uproar over the signage for the No. 88 team at Indianapolis Motor Speedway last weekend.To those who yelled disrespect and said Indianapolis Motor Speedway was wrong to put a sign above the No. 88 garage stall that said Jeff Gordon, its important to remember the purpose.The purpose? To let people walking through the garage area and those with binoculars in the stands know whos in what garage.Believe it or not, there are people who might not have heard about Gordon replacing Dale Earnhardt Jr., and those signs are designed to inform the general public -- not the avid racing fan -- who is in the car.So it makes sense that the signage reflects who actually sits behind the wheel on that weekend.But that brings us to the psychological element of Earnhardt missing races because of concussion-like symptoms, including balance and nausea. Both the team and Earnhardt are doing their best to make us assume Earnhardt will be back, hopefully sooner rather than later. In a situation where we cant predict his return, both the team and driver cant show any bit of doubt.A NASCAR spokesman said Tuesday that NASCAR has given the team permission to continue having Earnhardts name across the windshield. And part of me wants to say: Whats the purpose of having the name on the windshield if it isnt the driver of the car? Why put the name of Earnhardt on the pit-road banner at Indy? Wont it just confuse the casual fan? But if the name of the actual driver is on the car, the avid fan will know its Earnhardts car.Why not something that says somewhere else, in tiny lettering, Substitute: Jeff Gordon?Earnhardt has to know everyone is behind him, right? Isnt this just overboard symbolism at the risk of fans being confused?I love my team [when it] fights for me, goes to bat for me, anytime they do it, Earnhardt said Monday on his The Dale Jr. Download podcast. That was pretty neat. It was real touching, to be honest. Gordon said Friday it was all about respect: Im honored to be driving Dales car. I really am. ... We made a conscious decision this is Dales car. Im here until he gets back and I hope thats soon. We want everything to be respectful of him.It still seems so inconsequential. To help me understand, I asked Ricky Craven,, the NASCAR driver turned ESPN analyst, to explain it to me.ddddddddddddHe dealt with concussions in his career and raced for Hendrick Motorsports, the team for which Earnhardt drives.Theres an insecurity for drivers whenever they see someone else in their car, Craven said. That race car is sacred. Its almost like your home.You can invite somebody to your home, but you dont expect somebody to take control of it. That [signage] is very, very meaningful. It probably felt really, really good for Dale Jr. Those types of reminders are really valuable to a driver. ... It was a fabulous gesture.Earnhardt said on the Monday podcast that he will visit doctors soon and that hell have another update on his status next Monday. ?Based on Cravens experience with concussion symptoms, he doesnt envision Earnhardt coming back next week at Watkins Glen to try to compete on the road course.But there exists a bigger question mark than Earnhardts availability for The Glen. Until doctors tell him he can return, the nagging question remains: Will he be back anytime soon? Everyone around Earnhardt will avoid or publicly dismiss this question because acknowledging it could plant a seed of doubt in potential sponsors and the current crew.Keep sending [my team] good vibes -- because when we get back together, its going to be on, Earnhardt said on the podcast.Even though Earnhardt, 41, sounded somewhat resigned and frustrated on the podcast about missing Indianapolis, that soundbite portrayed confidence he will return to race again.At this age, he runs the risk of appearing vulnerable, and he needs to eliminate that doubt, Craven said. He needs to eliminate it for a number of reasons, but most of all for himself. He needs to come back with some authority.There likely will be more public displays of support for Earnhardt from his team as the week -- or weeks -- go on without him in the car. Craven said those displays carry great importance, and the crews actions will help Earnhardt through the sick feeling of being out of the car.Actions speak louder than words, Craven said. Crew members could say it. But what they did was a great display. ' ' '